In follow up to our post yesterday about the benefits of green juice, we thought it’d be nice to provide a green juicing recipe – the Ultimate Green Juice to be sure from the Delicious Life blog. This combination of fruits and veggies is sure to be a great juicing recipe for weight loss!
Ultimate Green Juice – from The Delicious Life
Servings: makes about 16 ounces of juice in a Breville Ikon juicer
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 3-4 stalks of celery and its leaves
- 1 piece of fruit: green apple, pear, or spear of fresh pineapple (base your choice on whatever is available to you as fresh and organic)
- 1 whole peeled lemon (save the peel for its zest!)
- 2-inch piece of ginger (use less if this is too spicy)
- optional: half a hothouse or 2 Persian cucumbers (unpeeled)
Wash everything and make sure they’re all dry. It’s great if the fruit comes straight out of the fridge so the juice is cold.
Send everything through the juicer one by one. I have no idea if this is important to the mechanics of the juicer, but I start with the “softest” vegetables like spinach first, and end with the ginger.
Stick your juice in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill it down before drinking it.
** If you’re new to our blog, then be sure to check out this awesome article about the benefits of juicing.